I'm often asked what face makeup I wear and how I get the glowy, radiant look that is so popular today. Every makeup girl knows - the no-makeup makeup look requires, well, a lot of makeup. The good news is that if you take care of your skin regularly, it will pay off and you'll need less foundation/base makeup. The key to this look is the appearance of smooth, healthy, plump skin. Fake it till you make it, baby!
Now, onto the good stuff. This is the makeup I do pretty much every day. I'll change up my lip color and eye makeup depending on the occasion, but all else basically stays the same (especially for work when i'm pressed for time). The order of the products in each category is the order that I apply them!
Face - Skincare (Morning Routine, in order)
- Face serum - I alternate, but I like Clinique Smart serum or Origins Dr. Weil Mega-Bright serum.
- Moisturizer - I've been using Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel or Simple Ultra-Light Gel moisturizer.
- Sunscreen - Laura Mercier Flawless Skin sunscreen
- Eye Cream - Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging eye cream
- La Mer The Lip Balm
Face - Makeup
- Clinique Superprimer Color Corrects Dullness
- Laneige BB Cushion (Medium)
- First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy - under eyes
- Maybelline Treatment Concealer in Honey - let above sink in, then apply this under eyes where needed
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage - for blemish or red spots, if needed
- Neutrogena Shine Control Powder invisible 10 - I use this to combat shine on my t zone throughout the day. Works like a charm.
- Laura Mercier Candleglow Luminizing Palette - Radiance, Glimmer Luminizing Face Power
- Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush
- L'Oreal True Match Lumi in C301 - top of cheekbones and cupid's bow
- For maintenance - Tweezerman tweezers
- For a touch of tint - Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep
- Sephora eye lash curler
- MAC Prolongwear Paint Pot in Perky -great eyeshadow base or wear it alone
- Estee Lauder Doublewear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in Pink Gold - this is a great product. I use this in my waterline and the inner corners of my eyes. Instantly wakes up your eyes.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Rosegold - I line my top lid/lash line with this. It's either this natural look or a black cat eye with the Kat von D Tattoo Liner.
- Clinique Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara in Massive Midnight - It's a navy color and gives the slightest bit of perk to your eyes.
- Exfoliate - I do this a few times a week, especially in the colder months. Instead of buying an expensive exfoliator, I make my own with brown sugar and honey. I keep the mixture in a washed out eye cream jar and it works like a charm. Be sure to apply a balm or Vaseline before exfoliating.
- For some color - Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Color in Coral Reef - currently my favorite shade. I'm a huge fan of the Paint Washs and have them in many colors. This particular shade really compliments my skin tone and looks natural without looking too made up.
And that's it! I took the photos in this post today, no flash and obviously no filters or editing. Hope you enjoyed!