Here’s what you’ll need:
• A real pumpkin
• A hole puncher – any shape you want
• Mod Podge – I used the original for this project
• Hot glue
• A small paintbrush
• Some type of applique to crown the top
1. I bought a real pumpkin (see how easy?)
2. I used a hole puncher (heart shaped) and punched out pictures from an old Food Network magazine.
3. I decoupaged (the art or craft of decorating objects with paper cut-outs) the heart shaped pieces on top of each other using Mod Podge to get the layered effect.
4. I topped it all off with little floral appliques applied with hot glue.
Easy, fun and unique! It’s a fun project to do while you’re watching TV or just want to spend some time being crafty. I have mine sitting as the centerpiece of my dining room table and am really enjoying it!
I did a similar pumpkin project last year (click here) and the real pumpkin lasted a very long time, so no worries there. This decoupage technique can apply to many objects, and is really fun once you get the knack for it. I’ve done decoupaged shoes using comic books (click here), band bracelets (click here), Easter eggs, little jewelry boxes and so on.
Hope you guys enjoyed!