Saturday, November 27, 2010
OK I love this. A good friend gave it to me as a gift and I think it's amazing for a few reasons.
One: Obviously, the packaging is adorable/fun and I love the brand.
Two: Great color combos
Three (and probably most important): The palette comes in a huge tin. BUT - the 3 mini palettes are detachable (as shown above) and are super thin and compact for travel/touch-ups.
I usually have to resist purchasing any type of gift set, even though I really WANT IT REALLY BAD. But what I find happening, is I like maybe one or two things within the set, then i'm left with a ton of product that I don't like or use. Also, the gift sets/tins/etc are usually big and bulky and I have nowhere to store them (even though this one is reallyyyyy cute i'll have to find a place for it!)
The Arlecchino palette (the middle palette above) made me go out of my comfort zone of warm/golds/nudes. I've been using Ninja Dog (the fun purple shade) a lot, and have been getting compliments on it! I also like using the shades Bullets, LA Gun & Candy Cane for the inner corners.
Bottom line: Love the shadows. Love that the palettes are detachable. I've begun using purple shadow. The end.
What do you guys think? Any other palettes you are loving? xoxo
Saturday, November 20, 2010
1. Travel back to my favorite place in Italy, Positano
2. Start my own cosmetics line
3. Get another pet
4. Cherish the ones that are good to me
5. Change my hair color (it's always blonde!)
6. Learn to cook more things, since I enjoy it when I do!
7. Continue doing ballet & dancing
8. Find that one perfect lipstick (are you out there???)
9. Travel to places I've never been, Ireland being next on my list
10. Read a book that leaves a lasting impression
11. Continue using Latisse, so I can have long, LONG eye lashes =)
12. Not worry so much
13. Have my own vegetable garden one day, like my grandfather did
14. Take more photos. I take a lot now, but there's always room for more.
Photos = Happy Memories in life.
15. Make someone else's day
16. Make good money $$$
17. Blog more for my amazing readers
18. Possibly go back to school for my Master's degree
19. Master another language and actually USE it
20. Watch less reality TV (as much as I hate to admit i'm addicted!)
21. LOVE again
22. Master makeup techniques by watching those who know more than me!
23. Go to all the rock concerts I can
24. Be inspired by all that's around me to create art
25. Think of 5 more things that I want to do...
Thursday, November 18, 2010
I've been loving Nicki Minaj for her makeup choices lately. I like that she has fun with her look, switches up shades and keeps it FRESH.
Oh yeah, and she can rap too.
Monday, November 15, 2010
2010 Readers' Choice Awards: allure.com
If you are in New York tomorrow, November 16th at 11am, and are a Katy Perry fan, then join the PURRADE!
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Came across this video on youtube by goldiestarling for inspiration, super cool! She does the makeup for Aladdin Sane, one of Bowie's (many) alter egos. She does a great job, enjoy!
Mascara in Black Opal
Many of you know that I am a big Tarina Tarantino fan. I love the style and uniqueness of her jewelry and now, her cosmetics line. Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed with my two recent purchases above.
I had high hopes for the cream shadow, but don't think that I chose the correct shade for my skin tone. I have a warm skintone, therefore cool silvers and greys sometimes look too harsh on me. I think this was the case here. The feel and payoff of the eye shadow is nice, I just don't like the color on me.
As for the mascara, I got it as a free sample from Sephora with my beauty points. Unfortunately, nothing special. I like a dramatic, thickening mascara and this one is lighter & more natural. Not necessarily a bad product, just not what I usually look for in a mascara.
Sorry for the Debbie Downer review! What I do love of Tarina's though is the Gem Gloss (written about in a previous review). It is fabulous!
Anyone else have a favorite Tarina product?
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
After Latisse - 2 Months
They almost touch my eye brows now! So as you can see, the results of using Latisse are AMAZING!
I am so happy with the results. I was skeptical at first, but you can't deny the before and after photos!! The first photo I have no mascara on, the second I have very minimal mascara on (one coat).
I used it for 2 months, but not religiously. Meaning - there were nights that I forgot to put Latisse on before I went to bed. Therefore, the above is not a full 2 months of use. Hopefully they will grow even longer!! (I know, I sound like a psycho, but lashes are my thing!)
What do you think? ;)